Jun 14, 2009

5 survive

Christie and Darren got to go to Hawaii--it really happened this time. We got to tend the 5 little munchkins and we all survived. (Much thanks to Allyson and Kristy who had them for a couple of the days) I'll admit I was worried about things--like would JD be too sad, what to feed them, would they obey us, could we find enough things for them to do, etc. It turned out much better than I thought. JD was really sad, but Lucy helped a lot and by the end of the 4th day he was loving Grandma. The kids all did what we asked, they did their chores and didn't complain about the cooking. We played lots and kept the house clean (barely--Christie had it spotless when we got there--an awfully high standard to maintain) It was fun to spend the one on 5 time with them and create this memory. It was especially worth it cause now JD gives me hugs! Averie loved to use grandma's makeup--especially the lipstick and mascara Fun at the park with cousins. Sydney and Addie share some fun JD loved running and running across the bridge Lucy and I went for a short walk to visit her friend Jenna that lives by her old house. Unfortunately she wasn't there so she left a note The kids took turns getting their pictures taken in the big tree. Grandpa lifted them all up Taylor preferred the ground--me too! There was a dog there that looked a lot like Luther so Kristy talked with the owners and they let the girls pet him. Yes, that is really Addie petting a dog! It was fun and we appreciated Tom and Kristy for inviting us to hang out with them for a little bit. The boys had a blast but were no where near the camera. I'll get them next time.

1 comments:

Kimmy said...

Such cute pictures. What a fantastic grandma you are mom. I wish my kids got to hang out with you more.