Apr 24, 2011

"Over" Overwhelmed

If anyone gets feeling that life is too busy and they want to slow down--beware! Life is much better busy. Nothing can make you feel your mortality like a good back ache. Words to the wise--Protect Your Back! When I foolishly tried to pick up that box at Target 6 years ago I had no idea how that moment would change my life. I know I have been blessed though because after 2 years, the pain was manageable and you get used to it and life goes on as normal. Until, that is, you are hit again. I didn't see this episode coming and the pain hit me out of the blue.  So, here we go again.
But, in everything there is opposites. I have this rotten pain that makes sitting, standing, working, etc pretty miserable. But, I also have a thoughtful, caring, and amazing family to get me through. We have had meals brought in every night--dad has been loving that cause everyone has even brought desserts. Seriously we have been way too spoiled.
Then, yesterday the door bell rang and grandchildren and their parents came in with cleaning supplies and equipment and smiles on their faces. I was "ordered" to lay down and watch. My little grandchildren each took cleaning supplies and went to work.
E
Even the big boys helped willing and I was so impressed that they really know how to clean. They will make someone a great husband some day--way far away some day!
Their moms and dads cleaned everything--stuff that only gets cleaned a couple of times a year even--way better than my Saturday morning cleanings. I lay there fighting emotion--so sorry to be a burden on families that have so much to do in their own lives but a deep gratitude for their love and concern for me. It was truly overwhelming! Thank you so very, very much

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Beverly, you are such a blessing to all of us and I personally can't count how many times you have been there for me when I have needed something. As I've told you all week, please let us serve you in some small way and not only continue to teach our children that service is where true joy is found but that this is what family does. Hard to hear when it's yourself receiving it I know, but we learned it from wonderful parents like my Mother and you! Hope that backs feeling better soon! Love you!

Christie said...

we just love you so much! I want so bad for you to feel better. It is the least that we could do (and I mean that)