Feb 11, 2010

Super Size It! & Who Dun it???

So, our anniversary was a little disappointing this year. I got pretty sick late Friday night and it continued on Saturday. I had about zero energy and felt lousy. So, our plan to use the gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse that J&L gave us just wasn't going to happen. I sent dad down to get a burger at Wendy's and I had tomato soup, which was the only thing that sounded half way good. All of you know how I feel about dad eating burgers and when he came home and put Miracle Whip on top of everything already on it, I didn't have the energy to even give him a bad time! Sunday, our actual anniversary, I was feeling slightly better. C&D had us over for a anniversary dinner which was so nice--thank you, thank you--and we even made ice cream to celebrate. We had to hurry home so dad could go home teaching and I did some stuff on the computer. I noticed that the DVD player was going which really freaked me out cause I knew that I had taken the DVD out the night before. Anyway, I stopped it and did some more stuff and when I walked by again I realized I hadn't turned off the DVD player. When I turned it off I had another SHOCK--there was a huge TV sitting inside the hole! We had no idea when or how it got there. So, there are a couple of things that this whole TV thing has brought to light. One is that at least one of my kids is a really good liar- -(We already knew that John had the lying thing down because of the whole Office Depot thing)- -no one will fess up to this deed. I have questioned and tried using entrapment but I am still so stumped. Everyone had an alibi and they were very convincing that they hadn't done it. So who did this absolutely surprising, huge, sweet and generous gift that we had decided that we wouldn't do for ourselves???? The other thing that has come to light--which we already knew--is that we can see any of our kids doing this. We have always known how unselfish everyone is and how generous all of you are with us. And, as I talked with each of you that night, each one would say something like, "I bet it was Travis, or it had to be Christie, or Reed or Kim or Tom or John or Jer. It was pretty cute that you all thought it could also be each other. So, thank you, who ever you are--I will find you out! I have a new clue.

1 comments:

Kimmy said...

Well I for one am happy for you guys! Its a perfect fit!