Oct 19, 2008

Busy and yet busier!

Life just keeps getting crazier but we do live in hope. This week turned out to be very busy, but a different busy, so it was good. I wanted to record some things before this burned out brain forgets them. I have been extra busy at work because Mirta has been gone for 2 weeks now of her 3 week vacation so I have had to do hers and my work--extra hours, which isn't good except financially. Add that to dad's needs and I have felt stretched. So, when Tom & Kristy asked if we could watch the 3 little girls while they went to Lake Powell for their rotation I was a little worried how things would work out. But, the one thought that just kept coming to me was the counsel by Pres Monson in our last conference--where he said focus on the most important--so I just thought I was taking that to heart and would enjoy our little girls. It was very fun--busy as I said but a different busy and what a great opportunity to be in a one on three situation to get to know them better. When I took them over to the babysitter on Thurs morning, Gracie just cried and clung to me. She had to pry her out of my arms. That made me so sad. But when I went to get them they were all so happy. Liz had relieved the babysitter around 1:00 and had done crafts--goblins, and pudding cups with "dirt & worms" and baked ghosts, etc so they had a fantastic time. We all went back to our house and ate dinner that Kristy had gotten before she left--thank you very much!-- then Liz & I cleaned up and they left and we set about getting a routine--like baths. These are my bathing beauties! Just before bed one of the girls asked me if I had to work tomorrow and when I said no she ran up and gave me a big hug! The next day when they asked if I had to go to work I said no again and both girls started yelling yeah, yeah! and dancing around. Then either Sid or Tay said, Grandma, mommies and grandma's aren't possed to work. It made me sad that I was a working grandma at that point. The girls went on our errand day on Friday. We took grandpa to the PT. Since he had to be there for a couple of hours we went to the store to get his aspirin and we "window shopped" The girls wanted everything and were expert and saying Please, please grandma, I really, really want this or that! They shouldn't be too hard to shop for at Christmas. When we got back we still had quite a wait. They had fun sitting on the pumpkins and running into check on grandpa. We got home, ate lunch and then took grandpa to the dentist. After that they played in the sand box while I did some yard stuff and they had a great time. Next day we went outside again and Zack and JD came over for a little bit while Darren did some things for dad and they had fun with them. The girls entertained themselves really well and loved to write notes. I could tell they are taught in a gospel centered home because Taylor saw a Book of Mormon and that became her book for the two days. She would sit on the fireplace and just "read" and turn pages for the longest time. Her picture turned out blurry but I got this one of the two of them. Then I came around the corner and one of the girls had her hands on top of the others head, then she said "your turn". They told me they were giving each other blessings. You may want to explain a few things to them Tom. It was so fun to be reminded again of the miracle of twins. It is quite remarkable. Here they are doing their dance. They are quite the little dancers. Gracie, I think should be their triplet sister. She wanted to do everything with them. They were pretty sweet with her most of the time. And, she has mastered the peas thing. She said wanna bath, peeeeeeeeeese grama, or nana, peeeeeeeese, or downstairs, peeeeeeeeeese. And, she wouldn't just say it once. She knew she had to fight for her attention so she did. She also loved saying why a lot, but when you explained something--whatever you would say, she would just say Oh! Other than the fact that I am too old to be getting up in the night--Sydney and Gracie knew their way to our bedroom at 5:00 every morning--it was a great experience and I am thankful Tom & Kristy trusted me with them. They said they had a great time. They took Luther with them cause he isn't doing well at all. He has been their family dog since before Isaac so it is pretty sad. I loved reading the blogs from everyone. I haven't been on in over a week, so it was good to get caught up. I wish we could get the others on. Reed and Allyson and fam came for dinner tonight so it was good to see them. Justyn is headed to St George on Friday and Las Vegas on Sat and home again in time for church Sunday. He is part of the marching band even though he is Jr High) and they are doing competitions this weekend. Reed and Allyson just went to ST George Thurs and Fri for a quick getaway. They saw Les Miserable at Tuachan and did some Christmas shopping. Dad is doing great. He made 2 mtgs at church. He has an job tomorrow--I don't know how he can even get into the truck or tractor or how he can put enough pressure on his knees to step on the brake, but he is going to do it anyway. He drove downtown on Sat for a quick errand to make sure he could drive my car. He was getting house-i-tis he said. I am "extremely" worried about this, but he is more stubborn than anyone I know! He says he has to keep this company's business and we really need the money. I can't argue that, but I don't think he is ready. Anyway, that's all I know. Sure love you all! Oh, I got a calling in Primary--I'm excited. It is the 6 year olds. If you have sharing time ideas, pls pass them my way.

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Mom, you are such a cute grandma! I wish my kids got to be around you more often than twice a year. Those girls are lucky to have had that time with you.
what the fetch is dad thinking? He is doing tractor work? I hope he doesnt bust his stiches open! Oh that stubborn man! Bop him on the arm for me will ya? Sheesh!
Hey I am excited that you are in primary! What a perfect calling for you ;)

Kristy said...

I love all the pictures! The girls had such a wonderful time and I can't tell you how much we appreciate all you guys do for us! You are such an amazing example of service and love! It has been so fun to hear all the things you guys did through the girls eyes! We're hoping and praying all goes well with Bennie!
I think I can see where Tom gets it from!

Christie said...

You think you live in a different state? You didn't tell me you got a new calling... how rude!

Brandon and Amanda Gregory said...

you are such a cute little grandma;)