Oct 26, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I have been lamenting that I am not a very good grandma. I should have had a Halloween party for the grandkids and should have sent a package to the ones that live away, I didn't do anything. Christie told me I need to lower my expectations or quit work. I don't do either, I just feel guilty! We should have pizza and root beer at our home on Halloween if anyone wants to come by. We would love to see everyone in their costumes. One of the highlights of this week was going to see Isaac's football game on Friday night. It was their last game of the season and they won! It was freezing so we all huddled under the blankets. Kristy had the camera so we didn't get pictures of her or Tom--who was in shorts! It was fun though to be with them. Isaac is #93. For some reason this picture transferred sideways and I can't get it to turn. Except I got my awesome son John to fix it and he is my favoirte child. When we got there the kids all came running over to give us hugs. That was the best! We hadn't seen them since we had tended them the weekend. Laura cut dad's and my hair this Friday, so we thank her. I love to get that grey covered up! Dad is doing great. He had that one job and then got a second one. He did great both days. He uses his upper body to get the rest of him in the dump truck and tractor. He was late to physical therapy that one day so he drove his truck/tractor/trailer ensemble and parked it in the handicap spaces. I'm sure it made quite the impression This was the first time in a month that he has had work so we are really grateful and grateful he was able to do it. We got to go to see Jenna and Nicole's primary program today and that was fun. Those girls know all the songs and did so well on their parts. We were proud of them. Dad got to go to Isaac and Joshy's primary program also and said they did really well. I was sad I missed it. Jer and Liz bottled hot salsa this year. Jer warned me it is pretty hot. He said Logan loves it though. He asked Jer if he had the hot one or not for dinner one night. When Jer told him it was the hot salsa, he said "Put it on the table" or movie trivia equavilant "bring it on" (Can't remember, Kim, which one) Christie met me at the grocery store so we went shopping. Lately it is the only time we get to see each other or even talk. I am worried her kids won't know me any better than those who live far away. They are going to Darren's mom's home today. Brody called just to chat last week and that is so fun for me. He said they were out of school this week and were planning some fun things. I taught primary today and it was sooooooosos long! The kids were so restlesss. They were good for the first 15 minutes, then it was trying to keep under control. I decided I need tons of activities next time--and they all begged for snacks. I had to pick both Kim's and Christie's brain to get help. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way. Hope all have good week and please come to see us! Love you!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Ok Mother- lets get things straight. All of your grandkids ADORE you and not cuz you give them things, but because you are THERE for them. You have been to all the baby blessings, baptisms and ordinations. You are there right after they are born, you go to the sports and dance things they are involved in. And you are there for b-day celebrations, and lend a hand whenever you can. You dont give yourself enough credit my dear.
I am glad dad didnt bust his stiches open. I was worried about that. I can totally picture dad parking all his stuff right there blocking the entire entry for everyone else. Oh man. Had I been there I would have died with embarresment!
Tell Jer to send some of his homeade goodness down here. Daniel likes it hot too! (movie trivia is Emperors New Groove)
I am kind of tempted to pull Kylie out of school on Thursday and Friday so we can drive up there and spend Halloween with everyone. I can dream anyway.
Heres a hint for your primary class. Let them each take a minute at the beginning of class to tell you "their news"- that way everyone gets a chance to talk, but then its your turn.(and by the time they have all ahve a turn thats a good 10 minutes-ha) And also Coloring always takes up several minutes. And if you bring "cool" crayons it makes it even more exciting.(the ones you make out of old broken crayons in the muffin tins. I think I told you about these but if not ask me the next time we talk)Yeah you will be the coolest teacher as soon as the word spreads! :)

Kristy said...

I love all the pictures, although I'm thinking that one of you and Dad "mysteriously" disappeared! Thanks for coming again! It meant so much to us and Isaac! I think Kims right, if you do the 'high' and 'low' of the week and add the craft idea it will fill more time, those primary partner books always have fun ideas for crafts! Or a fun website is sugardoodle.com!

Brandon and Amanda Gregory said...

I have to agree with Kim. you are always there.I just wanted to add that your not only there for your grandkids, but you are always there for every one else 2. I cant tell you how grateful I am for all you do. You are so wonderful. I know that all your grandkids love you. I just wanted to add that to what Kim's comment was:)

sarinah♥ said...

Aunt Bev,I hope you dont mind.I have been sneeking a peek at your blog since I saw it on Amandas not too long ago. I just felt I needed to comment on your post about not being a good grandma. Shame on you! I dont know how many times I have called Pam just to tell her how impressed I am with everything you do and accomplish with everything you have going on in your life. You are absolutely amazing. Dont beat yourself up over something your grandkids wont have any idea about. The best is just to hear your voice saying Happy Halloween and you wish they were with you! Thanks again for letting me peak.