Nov 9, 2008

6 Weeks

Yeah! It has been six weeks since the surgery. I went with dad to his post op and dad and the PA, Troy were giving each other high fives when he told him he could finally ditch the TED hose. They were such a pain so we are so happy they are gone. Dr Rosenberg told dad he needed to push himself harder--they even wrote to the PT here to tell them they weren't pushing him enough. He is even having me push down on dad's knee with all my weight to force it to flatten. Can I tell you that I hate that? Anyway, he is doing good and is practicing his gait (walking) and it is pretty funny. Other news--well, we got to see Colton and Logan in their Primary program today. Logan was the singer in their family today. It was so fun to watch. I think Colton would have sung more but his gum was giving him competition. I am such a fan of having every child have a part in these programs, but their ward just had a few give talks, so the boys didn't have a part. It must be the grandmother part of me, but I was disappointed. Liz had a Pampered Chef party Friday night so Colton, Logan and their dad had a sleepover here. Jer got them up the next morning to eat grandpa's pancakes and then they went to play basketball before Jer went to the BYU game. Hopefully Liz had a relaxing evening and morning. Kim and Daniel are off tonight till Friday for Daniel's convention in Las Vegas. I know they will have a great time being together and the kids are loving having their grandma there. Kristy has been busy with apples and tomatoes to can. I hope she posts pictures on her blog. We are going there for dinner tonight so I decided to make some eclairs since Tom has been wanting them since his birthday. It has been so long since I have made them and this the first time I used this oven for eclairs. So, sadly, I have forgotten all my little tricks and they look pretty sad! All flat, etc. I am going to have to retire from making them. John and Laura are driving back from St George where Laura ran the marathon. I hope she posts pictures on her blog as well. John said she was sick yesterday but she decided to run anyway. He said she is better now. Way to go on doing that! Sis took me with her to TaiPan (store) yesterday and it was fun even though I didn't have money. You can't go in that store without getting in the holiday mood. It is such a fun place. We had Addie and Averie with us and they keep you laughing. Jenna had a sleep over with Lucy so I got to see both of them when we got back. Jenna had made grandpa and I and Christie and her dad a heart that was very sweet. Bren is sporting a new haircut as well--he looks pretty sharp. Laura cut Addie's hair last week and it is so cute. I am thinking though that hair dressers deserve more for cutting kids hair. I don't know how any of them get a straight line!Hope Christie posts pictures on her blog. Happy Birthday to Charli! She is such a sweet heart and such a girl, girl. I love it. I can't believe she is 4 now. Growing up way too fast. Hope everyone has a great week. Sure love you all.

1 comments:

Christie said...

Mom,
You are going to have to email me the pics of my kids. You know I don't have one of Zach by himself... what's up with that? Also why don't you ever call me anymore? Have I been replaced?