Nov 30, 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and enjoyed being with all that came. We missed those of you that are away. I am finding that it is easier, the older I get, to justify being lazy.I had thought for a minute that I would just do paper plates, cups, etc but decided better and got the china out. Grandpa had given me the gold silverware that he and grandma had and I hadn't ever used it so I brought it out as well and set a very nice table. (The pictures don't do it justice) It was so strange to me that during dinner I just kept having memories and flashbacks of when we had had dinner with my parents. Funny how dishes can bring back that tie so strong. Anyway, it was good. We had a late night since we didn't eat until 6:00, so how about next year we call the early schedule? I think 2:00 sounds great! Here are some pictures. We set some on the bar... borrowed the little table again for the girls... and set the adults around the table. (Jer loves to pose!) Reed and Allyson and family didn't join us for dinner but came after for pie. I am proud of myself for not taking the easy road out again--I did make that Lemon Meringue and Mince meat for dad--although he still hasn't touched the mincemeat, he was very excited that I did it for him. We had tons of food left over-- You all didn't take enough home with you.--so that has been our meals for the last couple of nights. John has been stopping by and helping eat some so it has been good to see him. Did you all know I love Thanksgiving! I spent Friday and some of Saturday getting Christmas up. John thinks it looks crazy in here and dad says it looks like a boutique. I however love it. There is a ton of stuff and I do have way too much but most everything has a memory attached and has been given by those who are dear so I can't not put it up. And, when you add the Oak Ridge Boys Christmas, it just gets you in the mood. We had a great blessing--miracles actually of having our mortgage reduced for the next year, which in turn lets us rent our house at a cheaper price. So after dad got off the phone with the mortgage dude yesterday, we called both Christie and Kristy to tell them to reduce the rental price and we got more calls. One family is ready to sign and wants to take it over on the 10th of the month. They have 3 children. It looks like this one will happen so that is a huge, huge blessing. This whole rental thing is new to us, but pray all will work out for both families. We hope you all have a great week. Thanks for the many prayers on our behalf. You are great! Much love.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hooray on the housing situation! So does that mean you will be ok with a GNO now?

J-Dog said...

Kim, what is a GNO?

Kimmy said...

Girls Night Out. But considering how ours will be a weekend I guess it will be GWO. FYI I honestly dont ahve your David Foster CD. Did you want me to see if daniel can find a copy somewhere for you?