Aug 24, 2008

Ongoing project

Greetings! This has been another busy week. We went to Kristy's mom's funeral on Wednesday and it was such a great tribute to her and her life. Kristy's talk was so sweet and tender. Leslie and Darian did a great job also. The music and prayers and other talks I though were so good and appropriate--and Tom even sang with the family song--that was major! I think she would have been so pleased. I know from experience that there will still be many rough days ahead for Kristy, so keep her in your thoughts and prayers. C&D got new callings--they are in the nursery and Christie is glad about that. They promised them that they would only be there for 6 months. I am anxious to hear how it went today. Daniel got a new calling also--that of ward mission leader, which he is excited about as well. Kim is learning the ins and outs of primary and is liking it. She also gets to spend time in the nursery when they don't have enough help, which I guess is often. John and Laura moved out yesterday and John said he didn't need help cause it was only going to take a few hours. It ended up an all day affair and he hurt his back in the process. Darren went over to help, thank goodness, but I feel so bad the rest of us didn't. Laura was trying to find a place for everything last night and they were both so tired. Allison has been busy planning the birthdays and baptism. It is coming so soon and we are excited to be going. Brody has his own ideas about what should happen--and he doesn't want a long program! Everyday I think I am going to call R&A and find out how they are doing. I feel so bad I don't get to talk with them very much. I know they are in such a busy stage of life right now--especially with 2 in Jr high. Logan was so excited to bring us his invitation to his birthday party next weekend. And, I didn't realize it but he is starting kindergarten this week also. I was thinking he would have another year, but he just made it under the deadline. We had so much company yesterday--it was the most we have had since we moved. Jer came a couple of times and then again with his family in the evening. Tom came a couple of times, and John came and deleted the picture I took of him--he is in BIG trouble! Then the comcast guy was here for a couple of hours--we changed cause it will save us money but I am worried about the service cause we have already had to call them a couple of times. We have no caller ID and we don't have voice messaging yet. We do have long distance though. Then my sister showed up. She has visited me once in 3 1/2 years and then yesterday. Gennie was asleep in the car. Allyson had brought me the book titled Best Poets and Poems/2007, and hers was the first poem in the book, so I am glad she is finding success. So as far as pictures go--I can't figure out how to put words with the pictures without publishing each picture separately, so if there is a way to do that, maybe someone could let me know. Dad is working on the trampline hole in the sand box. He is also showing his--don't take anymore pictures face. Jer showed up and visited for a minute, then he tried out the new drinking fountain dad put in. Logan and family delivering his birthday invitation and Allyson and her book were the last visitors. Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all.

0 comments: