Aug 30, 2009

Tender Memory

Lucy's baptism, in addition to being a very special day, brought back a flood of memories. I hadn't really connected the day until Christie asked me to recreate the picture she had had with her grandma Lucy on her baptism day. Well, the tears just flowed then, and even now as I think about it. It was just 2 weeks later that grandma died. Christie had shared a special bond with her as they shared birthdays, and this picture of them together on her baptism day was probably the last one we took of her. It is funny to me that it has been so many, many years now but a memory like this can catch me and bring it all back like it was yesterday. Life has come full circle now, but I still miss my mom a lot. She was one of the best.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

What sweet pictures! I feel your emotions! I understand what you are saying about the memory coming back like it is yesterday.

We are blessed to have such Dear Mothers that stay within our hearts Forever! I miss my Mother everyday!

Thanks for your post, I am now going to church with teary eyes but teary eyes of gratitude!

Kristy said...

I love these pictures, they are so sweet and I've never seen this one of Grandma Lucy. Mothers are truly a gift from our Heavenly Father.

Kimmy said...

How sweet, mom!