Jul 27, 2008

The move

Well, we decided to take the plunge for this weekend since I had an extra day off. We started loading things up in an orderly manner. I would load boxed, take them over and unload. Great plan. Unfortunately, that worked for two of the days. On Saturday, it was crunch time. Darren, Reed, Bren and Justyn showed up and started loading. They got all the big stuff loaded and I was left with all the junk stuff. So, they unloaded at the new house where Jer came to help and dad decided to keep them so he could get the fence moved. (He obviously didn't tell them for a purpose!) So, they worked until noon. I had a goal of being out of here by 3 but as you can tell from the picture, it was a disaster. I sent dad with a load cause I ran out of boxes so he just unloaded things all over the counters for me. Around six, we had finally thrown everything else into boxes and we headed over. There I got Help! Christie came over and made our bed--she even ironed the bed skirt and new duvet cover that Kim had given me. And, she kept trying to keep me focused. I would walk in one room and start something and take something to another and start something there. She would order me back to the kitchen. It finally came together just before 10. We met Darren and Christie and fam, who had made us a delicious dinner, at the CH firework display. After we ate, we gave up on the cancelled firework show and headed home. Around midnight, when I was about to drop and decided to go to bed, dad put on a movie, so I just kept working. Who was it that said men have it easy??? I can't tell you all how much we appreciate all the help. We could not have done it without you all and for those who gave up their Saturday plans to help us. Thank you, Thank you!!

0 comments: