Jul 14, 2008

Trees!

Friday was pretty fun because when I turned to go down the street to the new house, I couldn't get in because it was trucks and vehicles, etc lining both sides of the street. The landscapers were there putting trees in and the cement guys were there putting forms up. It was so awesome. The trees are wonderful and really dresses things up. And, they had delivered the furniture the day before so I got to see that. Tom and Christie both stopped by to check things out. They got sidetracked looking through the cedar chest and doing some remembering, but they checked out the furniture and landscaping. We also had an unwanted visitor that dad and John had to take care of on Saturday while they were raking. I was spraying off the sidewalk when I noticed a TAIL and it was moving. Turns out we had a gopher burrowing under one of the new trees. I felt bad, but we couldn't let him stay so dad took care of extinguishing his life and John had to finish it. Anyway, I am thankful that we have trees.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Mom Nice pics! You are dangerous with a camera. Next time I will make sure to have a kid or two with me to throw in the way of your picture happy fingers!

Kristy said...

I love the pictures! And love to read all the fun memories. I'm excited to see the house and landscaping! Maybe one of these days I'll drive over and take a glance!

Kimmy said...

Gophers? Not cool mom! I hate rodents! I am thinking we will have to make a trip up before Christmas- maybe conference weekend! That would totally rock! I am so excited for you guys to move in!