Jul 14, 2008

You have to laugh

Bren is going to be mad at me for telling on him, but it is a funny memory. Christie requested home made rolls for her birthday yesterday. Just before the family came, I moved them to the center bar, with the thought that maybe I should not put them there because often someone will walk by and stick a finger in them. However, I kept them there. Just before dinner (and the many disasters of the day) Bren came in the kitchen and was waiting there to talk to me, when I noticed him just slapping his hand up and down, hitting the rolls. I shrieked and it was then he realized it wasn't the counter he was hitting. I took the cover off and showed him the rolls and tried to get him to poise with the evidence but he wouldn't. It was pretty funny and just made me laugh. I told him, life lets you laugh or cry and it is so much more fun to laugh--and the rolls tasted just fine.

1 comments:

Kimmy said...

Funny. I can totally hear your shriek too!